Children’s Support Worker plus Continuous Service Bonus
Earn £250.00* for each month you continue your employment with us (equates to £3000.00 per year)!
Options Autism are hiring Children’s Support Worker in the Ludlow area!
Role: Children’s Support Worker
Salary: Up to £28,646.40 per annum per annum (plus additional sleep-in allowance paid)
Hours: Full-time, Permanent (40 hours per week, varied shift patterns)
Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
Essential: Full UK Driving Licence and access to their own vehicle and the Right to Work in the UK
How we reward you
We want our occupants to have the best support possible, and therefore you’ll receive an exceptional rewards package including:
- Basic salary: **£25,272.00 per annum
- £250.00 per month for each month you remain with us (equates to extra £1.56 per hour)
- Sleep ins paid at £45.00 per night
- Free staff meals while on shift – save around £1,500.00 per year on lunches!
- Funded qualifications: starting with working towards a fully funded Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare (to be achieved within 12 months of beginning employment)
- Earn £1000 by referring a friend
- Annual Leave Entitlement equivalent to 5.6 weeks per year (with options to purchase more)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And market leading benefits offered through our Flexible Benefits Platform Vista that enable you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad, to use at high street stores, events, cinemas, restaurants and more!
- Critical illness cover
Our next Children’s Support Worker will be someone who has:
- A big heart and passion to make a difference to the occupants’ lives.
- Patience, resilience, and calmness.
Some of your duties would include:
- Supporting the occupants to appointments and activities such as shopping or trips out
- Completing relevant paperwork
- Undertaking household tasks
- Engage our occupants in tasks and activities
We are looking to add to our growing team at Overton School, Overton School provides specialist education and support for young people between the ages of 11– 18. This is a nurturing and therapeutic setting comprising of a school for Autistic individuals, learning disabilities and other complex needs, residing on the same site as a home accommodating up to 12 occupants.
We are dedicated to improving the lives of the pupils we support, their families and their interactions with the local community. Our homes are friendly and fun, and though there are challenges too, everything we do is dedicated to creating rewarding experiences – for those we look after and for everyone in our team!
We are based in Ludlow and are within commuting distance of Newtown, Leominster, Bridgnorth, Kidderminster, Telford, Hereford, Shrewsbury and surrounding towns and villages.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for individuals with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and support, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
To apply now please click Apply on Company Site and follow the on-screen instructions or call us today on 01204 927626 and speak to one our dedicated talent scouts!
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to a free fully Enhanced DBS and reimbursement of the Update Service Fee.
*Colleagues must meet certain agreed criteria to qualify for the bonus each year. Amount paid will be pro-rata for Part-Time colleagues. Terms and Conditions apply.
** Basic Salary is up to £12.33 per hour based on our candidates completing their qualification within 12 months, which is easily achieved with our support and guidance. Additional to this we will be paying our successful candidates £250 for their dedications and hard work each month, which enhances the hourly rate to £13.89 per hour and adds up to an additional £3000 per year (*Ts and Cs apply*). If the qualification is not achieved within the 12 month period, our basic salary reverts to £11.51, but don’t worry we will continue to support you with achieving your qualification as quickly as possible.