Experienced Children Care Worker
At OFG we work smarter so you can spend more time doing the things you love!
Role: Qualified Care / Support Worker
Salary: £25,646.40 per annum
Hours: Full-time, Permanent (40 hours per week)
Location: Ludlow, Shropshire
Essential: Full UK Driving Licence and access to their own vehicle and the Right to Work in the UK
We want our occupants to have the best support possible, and therefore you’ll receive an exceptional rewards package including:
- Basic salary: £25,646.40 per annum (£12.33 per hour)
- Earn £1000 by referring a friend
- Annual Leave Entitlement equivalent to 5.6 weeks per year (with options to purchase more)
- Life Assurance
- Pension scheme with options to increase your contributions
- “Your Wellbeing Matters” – access to a wide range of first-class mental health support services and physical health checks
And market leading benefits offered through our Flexible Benefits Platform Vista that enable you to choose the package that’s right for you, including:
- A wide range of health, wellbeing, and insurance benefits
- 100’s of discount options valid in the UK and abroad, to use at high street stores, events, cinemas, restaurants and more!
- Critical illness cover
Our next Qualified Care / Support Worker will be someone who has:
- Mandatory: Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or NVQ equivalent
- Full UK Driving Licence and access to their own vehicle and the Right to Work in the UK
- A big heart and passion to make a difference to the occupants’ lives.
- Patience, resilience, and calmness.
Some of your duties would include:
- Chaperoning occupants to appointments and activities
- Completing relevant paperwork
- Household tasks
- Administering medication
- Lead, train and develop new and existing support workers within your team
We are looking to add to our growing team at Overton School, Overton School provides specialist education and support for young people between the ages of 11– 18. This is a nurturing and therapeutic setting comprising of a school for Autistic individuals, learning disabilities and other complex needs, residing on the same site as a home accommodating up to 12 occupants.
We are dedicated to improving the lives of the pupils we support, their families and their interactions with the local community. Our homes are friendly and fun, and though there are challenges too, everything we do is dedicated to creating rewarding experiences – for those we look after and for everyone in our team!
We are based in Ludlow and are within commuting distance of Newtown, Leominster, Bridgnorth, Kidderminster, Telford, Hereford, Shrewsbury and surrounding towns and villages.
Options Autism is a national provider of specialist education, care and therapeutic services for individuals with autism, complex needs and learning difficulties. We provide a person-centred approach to education and support, looking at the full needs of the individual and adapting our approach accordingly.
To apply now please click Apply on Company Site and follow the on-screen instructions or call us today on 01204 927626 and speak to one our dedicated talent scouts!
Options Autism is part of Outcomes First Group. We are committed to the safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and adults. All successful applicants will be subject to a free fully Enhanced DBS and reimbursement of the Update Service Fee.